How to apply for a study grant
Step 1) Get an Italian tax identification number (codice fiscale)
You can apply for the tax identification number abroad (Italian consulate) or directly in Italy.
In Italy you have to apply for it to the Italian Revenue Agency (Agenzia delle Entrate – Piazza Giorgio Ambrosoli, 24, 39100 Bolzano).
- request for the assignment (available at the office)
- valid identification document (identity card or passport)
- citizens from non-EU countries: types of valid identification document are available on the website of the Revenue Agency
Step 2) Create an account for myCivis (e-government service)
The online application form for the study grant will be available on the e-government platform myCivis (https://my.civis.bz.it/public/it/). This is why you have to create an account. There are two types of account:
- SPID – the public service of digital identity (https://www.spid.gov.it/): this type can be created by everyone in possession of the Italian citizenship or a valid document of recognition of the Italian state (identity card, passport, permit to stay)
- Certified account issued by the Ufficio per il diritto allo studio universitario (Palazzo 7, Via Andreas Hofer 18, 39100 Bolzano) for students not in possession of the Italian citizenship or a valid document of recognition of the Italian state (also EU citizens). In order to create the account you have to go to the office personally with your tax identification number and a valid document of identification.
Step 3) Collect all of the needed documents
Prepare all of the documents. For a list of all documents, please have a look at the checklist.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Step 4) Fill in the application form
Starting from the end of August until 31 Ocotber the application form is available on: https://my.civis.bz.it/public/it/
You can also use a computer at our office to fill in the application form. Our staff can help you to complete the application form. If you would like to use this service, please bring all of the necessary information/documents.
As soon as you have completed the application form, print it out and check the information you filled in. Then you can send the form to the Ufficio per il diritto allo studio universitario.
After you’ve sent the form you’ll receive a confirmation via email. This email and the printed application form is the only prove that you sent it. That’s why it’s important to conserve them!